Sunday, February 27, 2011

Genius by Accident

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1043692/Weve-got-wires-crossed-The-bizarre-stories-people-brains-rewired-themselves.html


 We have seen that genius can be born or made but it may happen by accident too. How can someone become a genius in a certain area late in his life after having a stroke or a severe injury? This happens because when a part of our brain is damaged we exploit other parts in our brain we didn’t use that much before. When our left hemisphere is damaged for example we develop our right brain. This is what happens to savants who van be genius in a certain area but lack of other abilities like social skills. We could see the example of Tommy McHugh who after suffering a stroke became obsessed with painting something he had never done before. There is another guy who can memorize the day of any specific date, since childhood however he was diagnosed with autism. They also mentioned a guy who can play a song after hearing it once! I would sure like to have that ability. It is truly amazing what all these savants can do but I guess I wouldn’t quite like to become one by accident, I’m ok the way I am. Still if someday it happens… I hope I get the ability to play song after hearing once! That would be sweet! 

No comments:

Post a Comment